Made with cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla, this Brioche French Toast with Spiced Nectarines is the ideal weekend brunch!
Brioche French Toast
1. In a small bowl, mix nectarines with sugar, vanilla, and spices. Set aside (see note 1).
2. Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
3. In a medium bowl, mix eggs, cream, white sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract, spices, and salt.
4. Heat cast iron skillet on medium low.
5. Add 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil to the pan.
6. Dip 2 slices of bread in the batter.
7. Once you hear a sizzle, add slices to the heated and greased pan.
8. Fry the bread for 3 to 4 minutes per side.
9. Butter the toast and keep it warm on a cookie sheet in the oven.
10. Repeat steps 5-9 for the remaining slices of bread.
11. Serve the french toast with spiced nectarines, maple syrup, and powdered sugar.
1. As the nectarines sit, they will become glazed and the spices will set in.
Keywords: brunch recipes, nectarine recipes, french toast recipes